If at first you don't succeed...

I'm going to try again. I've read lots of great books in the past couple of months, but I just ran completely out of blogging energy! I'm going to give it another go with a new group of reading challenges for 2011.

A few of the titles that I have completely failed to blog about are:

Growing up Bin Laden, by Omar bin Laden and Jean Sasson

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, by Harriet Jacobs

Nurtureshock, by Po Bronson

Death and Taxes, by Susan Dunlap

The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins

I Shall Wear Midnight, by Terry Pratchett

The Place of the Lion and War in Heaven, by Charles Williams

A bunch of C. S. Lewis

The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson (it's an ongoing project, since it's 1000 pages long)

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back! Maybe you can post whether you liked those books because I'm curious. But either way, I'm looking forward to hearing you you're reading next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amira! Glad to see you. Let me see...I was very interested by the Bin Laden book, Harriet Jacobs was very good but really really sad, Nurtureshock was quite good, Death and Taxes was an OK mystery set in Berkeley which was why I read it. The Moonstone is a good Victorian mystery if you don't mind embarrassing racial problems but I spend the whole time wondering why they don't just give the dang diamond to the Brahmins already. I loved I Shall Wear Midnight. Charles Williams is strange. And The Way of Kings is very good high fantasy--which it had better be at that length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean! This is Jean Sasson, the author of GROWING UP BIN LADEN. First of all, I was amazed to hear from Omar and Zaina (his wife) and then to hear that they wanted Omar's story told. Since I tend to write about women only, I knew that readers would want to know about Omar's mom and other family members. The end result was an amazing story coming straight from Najwa and Omar. I didn't know what to think at first, but came to care very much for the entire family -- innocent people who have been struggling to attain a normal life for many years. Let me know what you thought of their story. For now, have a wonderful holiday season -- Jean Sasson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, hi there Jean! Well, if the *author* is going to ask my opinion, then I'll have to write a post! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the summaries. (And cool about the other comment.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz