Take a Chance: Plain Kate


Plain Kate, by Erin Bow

3: Blogger’s Choice: Find a “Best Books Read” post from a favorite blogger. Read a book from their list.

I looked at Bookshelves of Doom's best books of 2010 list and chose Plain Kate.

I have to say, this is the best YA book I've read in a long time. The writing is just wonderful, the story is great, the characters are real--it's much better than your average YA title.

It's something of a fairy tale, with a Slavic feel to it. I don't want to go into the whole complicated story, because I wouldn't do it justice. Just trust me here.

10/5/11: Plain Kate just won the Canadian Children’s Literature Award! Now you have another reason to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz