Theme Thursday


Theme Thursday, hosted by My Reader's Block:

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

This week's theme is NEW (fresh, newest, latest, etc).


I'm reading The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, and this is the description of Christine Daae's first big performance:

She began by singing a few passages from Gounod's
Romeo et Juliette. This was the first time she had sung anything from that work....Yet that was nothing compared with the superhuman performance she gave in the prison scene and the final trio in Faust, which she sang in place of Carlotta, who was ill. No one had ever heard or seen anything like it. It was "the new Marguerite" that Christine had revealed, a Marguerite with a previously unsuspected splendor and radiance.

It's a very good book and I'm liking it. But I must confess that every mention of Marguerite in Faust makes me think of Bianca Castafiore in Tintin comics.

Comments

  1. I loved this book when I read it last year.

    thanks for stopping by mine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz