15 Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day 6

At least, I'm pretty sure it's 6: Describe how you shop for books.


Dang, I think I already did that with the 15 confessions bit.  OK, well, mostly I fuss around for a couple of weeks trying to figure out exactly how I can get the books I want for as few dollars as possible.  Then I finally purchase something.

My husband and I do really enjoy going to the bookstore on our dates sometimes.  We'll go out for dinner and then hang out at the bookstore afterwards.  This doesn't usually involve purchasing anything, but every so often we will.  It's really special when we can go to the used bookstore, run by a friend, instead of plain old Barnes & Noble.  That's always extra-fun.

Mostly I get my books at the library.  I go to the public library about once a week, and I usually have something waiting for me on hold.  I also work at a community college library, so every day that I work I stop by the new books to see if anything different has shown up.  My co-worker and I agree: it's always better in the stacks.  You walk into the stacks, and everything is just good.  I could pretty much stay all day.  I can spend the day at work and then go to the public library to enjoy myself.

I also really like getting InterLibrary Loans.  It's like getting a present!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz