R. I. P. IX

For a few years now I've seen bloggy friends participate in--and wax enthusiastic about--the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event, but I've never done it myself.  I think this is the year.  I love reading spooky books in the fall anyway.  So here are the rules:

1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.

As I do each and every year, there are multiple levels of participation (Perils) that allow you to be a part of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives. There is even a one book only option for those who feel that this sort of reading is not their cup of tea (or who have too many other commitments) but want to participate all the same.
R.I.P. IX officially runs from September 1st through October 31st. But lets go ahead and break the rules. Lets start today!!!

Multiple perils await you. You can participate in just one, or participate in them all.


I am going to sign up for the Peril the Second level, which is for two books.  I had already decided to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein for the Classics Club September theme, which is the Romantic movement.  And I have really been wanting to read Eugene Onegin's very favorite book: Melmoth the WandererMelmoth is pretty long so I can't guarantee that I'll finish it by Halloween, and it is probably not too clever to read it at the same time as I'm trying to read War and Peace (yes, I am, and I'm only on page 70 because it's so unwieldy!) but what the heck.   

Comments

  1. Welcome to the best challenge of the book blogging year! (I would say event but we all know that's DWJ March. ;) ) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we all know that! :D Thanks, I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I know you'll have fun participating in this -- it's such a wonderful blogging tradition. My TBR list always explodes this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I absolutely cannot allow myself to participate in this because of my schedule, but it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz