Slade House

Slade House, by David Mitchell

This is a little short novel that is also a sort of minor spin-off of The Bone Clocks, which I read last year and half-liked.  Slade House I liked entirely; it was all the parts I liked about Bone Clocks, without all the boring parts or unpleasant people.  A few characters from Bone Clocks make an appearance, but I don't think it's really necessary to have read it to enjoy Slade House, which is almost entirely its own thing.

In a tiny, ignored London alley, once every nine years a little door appears.  Those lonely few who enter find an unexpected country manor house and a congenial companion...until they realize they can't leave.  Anyone who discovers what happens at Slade House never leaves to reveal it to anyone else.

It's a creepy haunted-house story, and I liked it.  Plus the inside cover is pretty cool too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz